On a warm, lazy evening, this chicken salad may be the way to go. The chicken is poached, sliced and laid on lettuces sprinkled with radishes, mint and beans. It is dressed with a tangy yogurt infused with cumin, tarragon and Aleppo pepper.
Cook Time: 1 hour
- Kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 chicken thighs and 2 chicken breasts, skin on
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch Aleppo pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, more for greens
- 1/4 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 romaine heart in 2-inch pieces
- 2 handfuls red-leaf lettuce
- 20 mint leaves
- 8 icicle radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound green beans, blanched
Fill a large pan with water and season with salt. Add garlic; bring to boil. Place chicken in water and simmer gently until cooked through, 20 minutes. Transfer to plate.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, orange juice, mustard, tarragon, cumin and pepper. Season with salt. Gradually whisk in olive oil until smooth, then whisk in yogurt.
In a large shallow bowl, toss romaine, red leaf, mint, radishes and beans. Sprinkle with oil and salt, and toss once more. While chicken is warm, remove skin; cut breasts into 1/8-inch slices. Pull meat from thighs.
Arrange chicken over greens and spoon dressing on top. Serve.