- 3tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil; more for brushing pan
- 1garlic clove, minced
- ½teaspoon sugar
- ½teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼teaspoon salt
- 46-ounce tuna steaks, 3/4 to 1 inch thick (see note)
- In a large plastic bag combine soy sauce, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, garlic, sugar, pepper and salt. Add tuna steaks, coating well with marinade. Seal bag, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, and up to 2 hours.
- Place a ridged grill pan over medium-high heat for about a minute. Brush pan with vegetable oil. Remove fish from marinade, discarding liquid, and add to pan. Cook to taste (3 minutes on each side for medium-rare). Serve immediately.